The disruption of the erstwhile 'normal routine' has afforded us a rare opportunity to hold our horses and to reflect upon the quality of life we lead. Consequently, the wisdom that a connect to our roots is all it takes to lead a healthy life, has enlivened. So let us all make necessary changes in our daily routines for a better and healthy living. Such is the potentiality of each of these sutras that even if we follow two or three of them, our life will be transformed for good.
1. Follow a routine: We are all in the habit of making excuses for procrastinating things. In the process, we end up making ourselves more anxious. To avoid this, one should make a routine
for oneself and follow it religiously. Celebrities like Akshay Kumar, Sania Mirza etc. have made their mark by adopting a disciplined life.
2. Eat sensibly: There is a famous saying “You are what you eat”. Our culture believes in giving stomach food filled with love and affection. 'Satvik bhojan' should be consumed that would provide positivity and resistance against diseases, as is emphasized by the Vedas.
3. Being Empathetic: One can understand other’s perception only by putting oneself into that person's shoes and 'doing unto others what we'd want them do unto us'. Respecting each other's space and thoughts is something that will take humanity to a higher level.
4. Love yourself: Fix some exclusive time as a health regime for the body. Indulge in any physical activity that may be Zumba, Cycling, Gym, Yoga etc. so that energy level of the body is maintained. Just as machinery at work becomes non-functional when unused, so does the human body.
5. Sit in silence: Sitting in silence for a while aids introspection. If practiced regularly, one can seek answers to even the most baffling questions in this contemplative silence.
6. Family time: We can make progress in life only with the right support and towards this end, the role of family is the most central. So it is important to show gratitude to our family members for their unconditional love. Hence spend quality time with them.
7. Home Remedies: Since ages, our kitchen has been a storehouse of immunity boosting natural herbs and remedies. A discerning use of this readily available stock can save us many a visit to the doctor.
8. Laugh out Loud: If you still look sullen with so many life sustaining sutras on your side, its time to get on this last one. So ‘laugh out loud’- now and forever…………..